Veneers cover teeth with a thin layer of porcelain, instantly improving their appearance. Columbus, GA, dentist Dr. Tyler Myers explains how veneers can give you the smile you've always wanted.
How do veneers make over teeth?
Veneers are used to conceal flaws or minor damage that affects the fronts of teeth. They're often constructed of porcelain, a translucent material that closely resembles tooth enamel. Your veneers will be custom-made to fit your teeth using molds of your mouth made in our Columbus office.
Veneers typically require three dental appointments. During the first appointment, a thin layer of enamel will be removed, and an impression of your mouth will be made. A few weeks later, you'll return for the fitting and application of the veneers. A follow-up visit may also be scheduled about a week or two after you receive your veneers.
Who can benefit from veneers?
Veneers are a good choice for nearly anyone who would like to enhance their smile. They're an excellent option if you want to conceal:
- Surface Flaws: Whether your tooth chipped after you bit into a hard pretzel, or you've always wanted to do something about the pits in your enamel, veneers can transform the surface of your teeth. They're often used to hide shallow cracks or uneven surfaces.
- Gaps: Veneers can eliminate slight spaces between teeth.
- Discolorations: Injuries, large fillings or childhood tetracycline use can cause your teeth to become dark or discolored. Veneers match your natural tooth color, making it impossible to tell that you've had an dental work done. Veneers can also be used to whiten all of your teeth.
- Short Teeth: Grinding or clenching your teeth at night may eventually shorten some of them, affecting the appearance of your smile. Adding veneers is a simple way to lengthen teeth. A custom-made nightguard is a must if your teeth have shortened due to grinding or clenching. Without the nightguard, you may damage your new veneers.
- Oddly Shaped Teeth: Even the slightest twists or turns in teeth can make them stand out. Thanks to the addition of a veneer, your tooth will look perfectly straight.
Enhance your smile with veneers! Call Columbus, GA, dentist Dr. Tyler Myers at (706) 507-0606 to schedule your appointment.