Posts for: June, 2017
How dental implants from your Columbus dentist can save your smile
There are many reasons to consider getting dental implants. In fact, dental implants are the most modern, innovative way to replace missing teeth. You can replace one missing tooth or many missing teeth, and can even support a denture, all with lifelike, stable dental implants. Dr. Tyler Myers at North Park Family Dentistry in Columbus, GA wants to share the facts about why you should consider dental implants.
Some of the main reasons people choose dental implants include:
- Aesthetic beauty, because dental implants are virtually indistinguishable from natural teeth
- Convenience, because you can brush and floss dental implants just like your natural teeth
- Stability, because dental implants are embedded in bone and won’t move around like partials or dentures
- Conservative treatment, because Dr. Myers only needs to prepare the implant space, not the teeth around it, as is the case with dental bridges
Dental implants are the right choice for just about everyone, however, there are a few factors to consider which can affect implant area healing. You need to discuss implant treatment with Dr. Myers if you:
- Have diabetes not controlled by diet or medications
- Have untreated gum or periodontal disease
- Use tobacco products or drink excessive amounts of alcohol
Dental implants have an outstanding success rate of over 95% according to the American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons. That’s the highest success rate of any surgical implant.
Your dental implants are placed during a simple in-office procedure and then over time, your bone will fuse with the dental implant, embedding it securely in place. After healing is complete, a beautiful implant crown is placed on top of the implant, giving you a natural, full smile.
If you are missing teeth, you should consider dental implants. Why settle for conventional tooth replacement methods like bridges, partials or dentures when you can have state-of-the-art dental implants? You deserve to look your best and dental implants can help. For more information about dental implants and other dental procedures, call Dr. Myers at North Park Family Dentistry in Columbus, GA. Call today!